Thursday, December 9, 2010

...a word from our sponsor...


(I have no idea who this suave son-of-a-bitch is...I found this picture on line)


...okay...a few things...

First off, Myspace has fallen into the hands of some people who have no idea how the human mind works and they have made some amazing changes to Myspace that are in the completely opposite direction that anyone wanted them to go in. Instead of trying to adjust to the flavor of their NEW COKE I have decided to join the "In" crowd and have gotten myself a Facebook account. I will be posting when I find a new record and what I plan on doing next on Tone and Wave so, If you want the inside scoop, and even, maybe, an influence in what I do next...(that's a lot of commas for one sentence)...please, be my "friend" on Facebook.


Secondly, I will be taking the whole month of January off. I have a lot of things that I need to be doing that gets pushed aside so I can work on this blog. None of these things are as important, but still they are things that have to be done.
I have a few more things to post before New Years Day (why is that capitalized?)including episode 4 of the Tone and Wave podcast.
I had episode 4 all put together but then I finished it while I was VERY drunk. It was embarassingly bad. I scrapped the whole thing and am now in the process of doing it over again.
I am not quitting the blog. In fact, I have enough to keep this going for another year or two.
To be honest I don't physically own all of these things yet, but I know where they are and I intend to have them before too long.
I'll just be taking a break and I'll be back in early February.

Thirdly, my wife, whom I've introduced you to several days back is also a collector of rare music. Her interests are quite abstracted from my own. She collects 80s and early 90s dance music. She doesn't post downloads like I do because her music is a little more commercial and she doesn't want to get in trouble. However, although she is posting artists that are a little more well-known, the music itself is quite hard to come by. In fact I have spent a lot of my own money that could have went toward more rare ska records on her music. I have convinced her that since this stuff is so rare (and since I have spent so much on it)that she should share it.
I know we all listen to other things besides ska so if this is up your alley, or maybe something that somebody you know will like let either of us know and we will be happy to share it with you.

Here's her blog - it's called JEWEL CASE HEAVEN

You already know me...now you know her...(she's done a lot for Tone and Wave as far as cover art and finding records on my wishlist)so now we're all one big happy family.


I have one more mini-LP, the podcast, and a 7" to post in the next week or so then I'll be off until February.

Whatever holiday you celebrate between now and then I wish you all a good one!

2 comments:

draftervoi said...

I've got a short FM radio broadcast of the Hoovers from KSAN FM back in 1980 (most likely). Let me know if you're interested: draftervoi@ aol.com

Tone and Wave said...

Terribly interested!
I would love to hear that.
Do they do anything off the EP or just the album?