Friday, March 23, 2012

SOTD: Men At Work - Falling Down




A letter from the editor:


A rare photo of Jason Duncan from 1948 as he contemplates the Reformation of Minsk



I just realized a couple days ago that it's been almost a year since I did a podcast. I keep telling myself that I'll be doing another one any day now. I'll probably keep telling myself that for another year.

Let's face it...I ain't doing another podcast.

I do have this folder of songs that I intend to use in a podcast someday but I have to be realistic here and say that it's just not going to happen. I don't have the free time I used to have when I first started this blog and the bit of free time I do have is drinkin time. I have learned over the years to not internet whilst drunk.


So what do I do with this folder full of oddities? A mixtape? Nah, mixtapes don't have any personality.

How about this...Song of the Day?

Most of the time I post a 7" there's only one good song on there anyway so, in a sense, that's the song of that day.

Some of the songs are going to be great and you'll be glad I posted it. Some will outright suck. I have learned a long time ago that I don't really know what will be popular and what won't so I'll just put it all out there and let you decide.


Your SOTD (Song Of The Day [yes, the O and T are capitalized...I'm not fuckin' around here]) for today is:


Men At Work - Falling Down


A song written by Colin Hay intended to be on Men At Work's 2nd album Cargo (1983) but somehow didn't make the cut. They did play it live when they toured for Cargo and released this particular version as a B-side to the Australian 12" version of the single High Wire





http://www.mediafire.com/?em5b9atd6585414

1 comment:

Paul Setzer said...

I really love this song. It's grown on me over the past year since I've discovered it. I Just wish I would have heard it when it first came out. I was constantly fallin' down in and out of high school and cilice during the 80's.