Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Stars That Wouldn't Shine - self titled LP (1983)

This is the same version that was posted on A Viable Commercial because I've never been able to procure myself a copy yet.
This UK band blends goth and ska amazingly well. The songwriting is impressive instead of gimmicky.
I really like this band but I don't think they've ever released anything besides this. I'd be grateful if someone can prove me wrong.

1 Lying on the Floor
2 You Don't Love Me
3 Tchaikovsky
4 Mister Klause
5 Anything #3
6 Four Days
7 Don't Stop Now
8 The Mouse Song


BEAST666 -or- Zippy

.....................................................................................................

...since we're on the subject of the dark side of ska, here's a compilation I made:

21 tracks...all their ska stuff...only their ska stuff

Beast666 -or-  Zippy



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just came across this post. These guys weren't from the UK, they were from Kingston, NY. The keyboard player went on to be the lead singer of Electric Angels, who put a record out on Atlantic. The bass player was subsequently in the Manikenz, a great band also from Kingston, but they never got a break, sadly.

Unknown said...

These guys were from Kingston, NY, not the UK. Keyboard player is Shane who went on to sing in Electric Angels.