Sunday, December 22, 2013

Bottle to the Baby ~ Rockabilly Ska

Bottle to the Baby were a rockabilly band from Holland. I don't know much about them but I know they released 2 7" EPs in the early 90s and each one had a ska song on it.
They ain't easy to come by and when you do see them, they ain't cheap.

I like a bit of rockabilly every now and then. I was going to post just the ska songs but I figure that some of you might appreciate all of the songs so here you go:

Bottle to the Baby - Can You Fix It EP (1994)
A1 - Can You Fix It?
A2 - Oriental Chick
B1 - She Don't Like Me
B2 - With You I'm Better Off

"She Don't Like Me"


Bottle to the Baby - Mean Woman Ska (1993)
A1 - Mean Woman Ska
A2 - Rockabilly Baby
B1 - Baby, Please
B2 - I'm Out

"Mean Woman Ska"

DOWNLOAD both Bottle to the Baby EPs

There have been several rockabilly bands that have done the one-off ska song. Some are really good - some...not very good.
I didn't plan on doing a rockabilly-ska post so I just threw some songs together. If you can think of any others, please let me know.
Here's a collection of 15 songs - 6 are by The Peacocks but there are others:
Toini and the Tomcats have a couple, Devil Doll, The Hillbilly Moon Explosion, The Big 6, and even the HorrorPops did a ska-inspired song

DOWNLOAD Rockabilly-Ska compilation


No comments: